Wednesday 17 July 2013

muzungu price


The Dan alarm has returned with vengeance.  Flying in a 6am on the dot!    We all know what this means .... To the well we go for a session of pumping the well.  Which now we have run dry!  As much as I hate to say it a little rain shower wouldn't go a miss now. 

Off to be a teacher it is now with 2 sessions back to back in the morning,  and one this afternoon . Having to lay the law down about mobile phones too. One thing I was hoping not to have to do. 

At lunch I was getting supplies in the way of food.  Getting some eggs and the lady was trying to charge 13 shillings per egg.. I'm like whattt.  3 eggs for 20 shillings I thought was a good price ... Till I found out that I should have got 5 for that price!  So just as I'm white I have to pay double ! 

The afternoon session was a good one,  covering lots of  first aidy stuff.  And again the lovely woman's group gave us food and Lemmon grass tea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment